22 March 2013

Anita's Week -'Treasured Memories'

Hi bloggers! I'm back again (don't groan LOL). Hope you enjoyed yesterdays technique video - I'm a terrible translator in explaining how I do things! My brain just kicks in & goes, so when it has to stop & explain, it's like I have a steaker running across my train of thought LOL!!!
 
This layout I hold pretty close to my heart at the moment, as my grandfather has been quite ill & it is just a waiting game at the moment. So in tribute to my love for both my Nan & Pop, & the some 50 years they have been married for, I created this layout.
 
I used the title 'Treasured Memories' WOW708 from 'Words Or Whatever'.
 
I first used Tim Holtz - Vintage Photo distress ink & a sponge to colour the chipboard. You may need to repeat a couple of time, to achieve the depth of colour you want. I then used Glossy Accents, to add an epoxy shine to my title. Remember to always apply this with your chipboard on a completely flat surface!!! Otherwise if you have any sloping, all your gel will run to one side & not set even.
 I prefer Glossy Accents to Diamential Magic, as it dries quicker & a but easier to apply :) It will take a couple of hours to dry (depending on where you live).
 
Here's a close up of the layout...

I'll be back tomorrow for my last post this week for my WOW week.
Remember to pop on over the 'Words or Whatever' blog &; take a look at some of the other Design Team's work