17 March 2013

Anita's Week - for my Best Friend

'Five Years & Counting'

 
 So this is my week to dazzle & amaze you all (LOL) with my scrapbooking creations.
I'm very much into layering & mixed media with my layouts. A big change from my previous scrapin' style, which was using LOTS of bling & flowers. It's like from one extreme to the next!

This layout features a photo of my wedding day, where I married my best friend. As new parents, we've quickly realised how much kids turn your world upside down! I did this layout to reflect on what we were then & who we are now. As a reminder of what we have been through in the past 5 yrs & what lies ahead for the next 50 yrs (or there abouts LOL). 
 Products I used were: 6x6 Spiral Altamatz ALTA042
Classic Alphabet Uppercase WOW1384
'&' Ampersand WOW112

I first took some gel medium, a palette knife (painting spatula) & the 6x6 Spiral AltaMATZ
& roughly smeared it through the template - making sure I got at least a little bit of medium in each segment to keep the image. Then carefully remove the AltaMATZ (make sure you give it a good wash before the medium dries!)
Once it had dried on my page, I then randomly splattered some black & teal Golden paint onto my page. The colours on this layout are fairly neutral, so I kept my chipboard fairly understated. I used Tim Holtz 'Vintage Photo' distress ink on both pieces. I used a white gel pen & went around the word 'FIVE'.
I then began layering my paper elements, washi tape, photo cut outs etc. I love doodling - so my black pen is a must in my tool bag. The Smash pen is great because it will draw on photos & other glossy surafces - Love it!!!

Here's a close up of the layout... 
 
So, keep an eye out for another post from me this week & I'll share another something :)
 
Pop on over the 'Words or Whatever' blog & check out more from myself & the DT