09 July 2016

'Hello Love' for Colour Blast


Hi there Colour Blasters!!! 
Anita here :)
I'm sharing a sneak peek at some new
Mica Colour Powders!! Here's a layout I created
using them...

'HELLO LOVE'

I have not used mica powders a lot before, so I adapted
them in a way I was familiar
with. I firstprepped my layout with some gesso
& then moved in to create a watercolour
effect using the powders.


I decided then I wanted to do some stenciling,
so I mixed some mica powder in with some gel medium
& used a script stencil.


I wanted to alter my wood veneer, by colouring it.
I painted it with gesso first, & while it was wet, daubed
some mica powder onto it using my finger.

I had made up the pink mica powder & gel medium
originally for stencilling, but changed my mind LOL.
I didn't want to waste it - who ever wants to do that?!
So I started freehanding a big flower on my layout.
Once it was dried, I knifed around a few petals & tucked
my photo underneath.


I finished off embellishing with a few
Flutterby Designs goodies.
Have you had a play with the new Mica Powders yet???


You can find all the Colour Blast products here 
Flutterby Designs SHOP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts - so leave some love HERE :)