06 February 2016

'Shine Bright' for Colour Blast

Hi there bloggers!
My first turn to share on over on the Colour Blast blog :)
I've created this one is my 2 kiddos & this was their Christmas photo.
I'm not that big on all the christmas papers/embellishments etc,
so this is how it turned out....

'SHINE BRIGHT'

I first chucked down a layer of gesso to give my paper a bit more integrity.
I then went in with a Flutterby stencil 'Got Letters' & used some awesome
Colour Blast - Colour Paste 'Steel' & spread over the stencil.


Using the Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Sprays in 'Bling' & 'Steel',
I unscrewed the spray cap & used the inner straw to 'flick' it over my layout.
*BE CAREFUL not to spill it everywhere.


I dribbled on some more white gesso & while it was still wet,
I sprinkled some Colour Blast - Colour Embossing 'Bling'
onto parts of my layout. I then went over with some thick black
acrylic paint - keep an eye on the Flutterby Designs page for more info soon ;)


Make sure the paint is still wet enough before putting it on,
or wise you might find as soon as you start your heat gun - 
you end up wearing it all ;)
This built up different textures with little effort. It's lots of small details
that make a background awesome.

I've finished embellishing with a few Flutterby bits - Foil flair button, Page Tab cut-out,
& part of an Everyday Etc card. 


You can find all the Colour Blast products